It's also known as The Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad Depot.
The railroad was known originally as the Maysville and Big Sandy Railroad. The first depot was built on this site shortly after the railroad was completed in 1888.
The present depot was built in 1912, compeletly renovated in 2000 and opened as a museum.
218 Main Street
Vanceburg, KY. 41179
Or contact the City of Vanceburg for hours and visiting information
Military, railroad and local history memorabilia including letters, scrapbooks, clothing, tools, photographs, books and newspaper archives. Rose Garden outside includes a full-size caboose on rails in the process of being restored.
Click on each image for larger pictures.